GBANS leaders attended the GANS Council of Student Leaders (COSL) Mid-Year leadership conference this past week at Camp Twin Lakes in Winder,Georgia. The convention’s theme was LEAD:Leadership, Education, Accountability, and Decision-Making. During the conference they participated in leadership trainings, low ropes courses, volleyball games,an olympics-style competition, bonfires, cornhole games, and networking opportunities. They learned skills that will help empower GBANS members to be amazing nurses and had a lot of fun! For more information about the conference go to https://www.facebook.com/cosl2013?fref=ts
This bench was left from GANS to Camp Twin Lakes to say thank yo
We would like to congratulate the Georgia Baptist College of Nursing Class of 2013 graduates,we wish everyone the best of luck in their future endeavors!
- Pinning will be held on Friday,May 10th at 9:00am at Second Ponce de Leon Baptist Church
- Commencement Ceremony will be held on Saturday,May 11th at 8:30am at Mercer University’s Cecil B. Day campus
Our very own Dean Streit joined us for our last GBANS member meeting of the school year and shared valuable information regarding Graduate School and what is best for you! You can download the powerpoint below if you were unable to attend this special event!
Graduate School Information
It’s the last GBANS member meeting of the school year! Please join us!
WHAT: Learn about graduate school from our very own Dean Streit.
WHEN: Monday, April 22 @ 12:00pm
WHERE: Room 137
We had a wonderful time at the NSNA Annual Convention in Charlotte,NC this past week! We have some amazing news to share!
- Jason Billings,a senior at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing and Immediate-Past President of GANS was awarded the prestigious Isabel Hampton Robb Leadership Award for his service,leadership,and dedication to GANS. Congratulations to Jason for such an amazing accomplishment!
- TJ Tekesky, a junior at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing earned a position on the 2013-2014 NSNA Board as the Breakthrough to Nursing Director!
- The follow GANS board members have also earned positions on the NSNA board:Chelsea Sawyer as Nominations and Elections Committee South and Jamie Allen as Director South. In addition,Kennesaw State University student Christine Shuffield as Secretary/Treasurer.
- GANS was also awarded the following recognitions:NSNA State Excellence Award Group 5,Bylaws and Policies Award,Legislation/Education Outstanding State Level Award,Breakthrough to Nursing Most Successful State Project Award,Image of Nursing State Level Award.
Congratulations to everyone and thank you to NSNA for such an amazing and successful convention! We cannot wait until next year’s convention in Nashville,TN!
GBANS is going to NSNA!
The National Student Nurses Association is holding their annual convention in Charlotte,NC between April 3rd-April 7th and GBANS has hit the road to represent our amazing organization and to support the other organizations and schools that will be in attendance. We are very exicted and cannot wait to meet other nursing students,vote in the House of Delegates,learn about trends and topics in healthcare,and elect a new NSNA board!
On February 23rd and March 30th,students from Georgia Baptist College of Nursing and Georgia Baptist Association of Nursing Students teamed together with Dekalb County Habitat for Humanity and volunteered over 400 hours of community service! This event was the first of its kind for GBANS and we hope to continue the tradition for years to come! Thank you to all who came out and offered their time and service to such an amazing cause!
President –Ali Gauger
1st Vice President –Shea Collier
2nd Vice President –Chris Morris
Secretary –Yvonne Ngome
Treasurer –Taniqua Jones
Breakthrough to Nursing –Lindsey Bronikowski
Fundraising –Rebecca Green
Community Service –Elizabeth Williams & Kristen Merrit
Legislative –Nina Marinelli
Nominations & Elections Committee - Lindsey McCutchen
Public Relations –Sarah Mullins
Student Government Association –Ashton Evans
Senior Class Representative –Ravi Batra
Congratulations to everyone! The New Board/Old Board Transition Day is scheduled for April 15th, 2013, details to follow soon.
WHEN: March 25th,2013 @ 12:00pm-1:00pm
WHAT: Are you attending NSNA with GBANS? You will need to attend the NSNA Preconvention Meeting to get information on what is expected of you,what you can expect from the program,and how to be professional. This meeting is required if you are attending NSNA.
WHERE: Room 313
2013-2014 Slate of Candidates
Voting opens at 1:00pm on Tuesday,March 12th after the Candidates Forum and closes on Monday,March 18th.
- Go to www.votingplace.net/gbans
- Click the button to vote
- Enter your student email. Be sure to capitalize the first letter of each name:Georgia.B.College@live.mercer.edu
- Complete the ballot and click “submit”when finished
Write-ins:A write-in candidate is someone who did not apply for a position and is not an official candidate,but for whom voters may vote for by writing in his or her name.
If you experience technical difficulties accessing the ballot,please email Sarah Van Pelt,NEC Director,at Sarah.G.Vanpelt@live.mercer.edu